Search This Blog

Donate!

Should you wish to add support and donate funds for the betterment / improvement of this blog and posts that come with it, feel free to donate funds and I'll be more than happy to continuously serve and give you unbiased reviews, opinions, and posts you love to read and share!



Thank you very much!

Translate

beauty,

I Am Now in Lookbook.Nu!

2/19/2012 09:37:00 PM Ice Goddhez Blog 2 Comments

Ok ... So I tried not to register for soooo long. I've been seeing the site for years now and I got interested since back then. I was soooo tempted but I decided not to. I was a little bit scared to maintain it - I might get addicted to it! LOL. My main purpose was to share my regular office attire.

After years of controlling myself ... I gave in lah!


The kikay in me was more powerful! LOL. And my goal has changed from simple sharing of my corporate looks but "my other fashion" side as well (if I can consider that fashionable indeed! LOL) I've just recently signed up and I lack the tools and all that jazz ... I don't have fancy cameras or photography tools and modeling skills and shiz! Haha! All I got is a heart full of excitement to showcase, or simply share how I think I can be of influence, to the girls / women out there; who are like me in one way or another - a corporate chic with youthful vibes. Working in a corporate environment doesn't mean I need to be caught by the fashion police, right?

Follow chenmeicai on Twitter


| Click to Blogsvertise | Got Ad? Go click! |



---

I was thinking wholly of what my main purpose would be and I believe instead of just one, I could sum it up to the following reasons ...


  1. I am a corporate chic! I want to be a person of influence to people like me or inspire others to also believe in the art of power dressing - which really makes wonders in the office environment!
  2. I can somehow be a fashionista as well (right?) Hehehe! I love colors. I love to mix & match my clothing. I want to be comfortable in what I wear and still be confident in being myself. And using the site makes it easy for us to access information from other bloggers and fashion icons as to where they got their pieces that we can also replicate or follow. Follow trend right?
  3. I am a cosplayer but it doesn't mean I always need to be in costume to be noticed. I can be noticed for good reasons and being fashionably smart is one of them. Yes, I can be that geek-girl too ... sometimes and I love trying out things on my own too ... Hmmm ... so sometimes, maybe, instead of following; we can start our own trend!
  4. I want to share that career & style can go hand-in-hand with each other. Being a career-oriented person and wokaholic does not necessarily equate to boring lifestyle or getup. We can still be stylish at work!
  5. I believe in girl power / women empowerment and I think, the men don't need to be the only ones to rule the world ... girls run the world too! So be it in a corporate setting or outside the work place, that "power" can still come out from every woman ... we can still be lovingly fab!

It's fun! (^_^) I am still trying to get familiarized with it. So far, I've enjoyed looking at them and have tons of photos in queue to upload. I've followed my favorites already and these girls top my list: Camille Co, Tricia Gosingtian, Kryz Uy, Laureen Uy, Kooki Buhain. I also follow their blogs. I love their styles. They are my fashion inspiration too. I guess I grew up in that mindset of having a mentor or something/someone to look up to ... and in terms of dressing up or dolling up, I look up to them.



Nope. I am not enslaved by their styles. It doesn't mean I have to always follow and do what they do right? But they have a number of great finds and they also write about good shopping tips that help me get good deals (and sometimes, freebies too yay! - I love promos! Hehe!) They are really helpful!

I don't have a DSLR or anything like that so most of my photos are snapshots only from my Samsung Galaxy SII smartphone; or most likely photos from others. But I think even without them at the moment, I can still share what I love and like and empower others!

My badge is right there on the lower right corner of my side panels - HYPE my looks if you like them or BE A FAN if you like my styles. (^_^) I do the same for folks I look up to! So go and let me know if you have an account!

 

Chai

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!! today, you just inspired me. That's why I'm shy about blogging about fashion because I don't know their lingo! something like, peter pan collar, mullet skirts and what else is uso?!  Continue to be fashionable at heart and to dress up with your heart and not pressure.. no need for super tech cameras.. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tama! Hehehe! Thanks girl! I appreciate it! :) Yeah I don't understand most of their lingo too hehe. However, it's fun to learn as well. Like, I didn't know the stuff I was wearing were called color-blocking chenes na or this kind of cut or what-have-u hehehe. I just learned from there too. :p

    If you join rin, I'm your first fan na for sure hehe. :)
    I love your style too. Sooooo comfy and just being your self. :)

    ReplyDelete

I used to use Disqus as my Comment Form but now I just switched back to this. If you see some replies not matching original comments, just ignore and comment away. ^_^

If you want to follow each other, I'm ok with that (^_^) Kindly follow me then I'll follow back. Thanks a bunchies!

#ATTENTION DEAR READERS / FOLLOWERS

Be an e-tailPR blogger


Due to recent news that Google Reader is retiring by July 1, 2013; this means I may not be able to follow the feeds of the blogs I currently follow / read. Same thing with my readers. So to keep up with each other's updates, kindly follow me back on these other alternatives.



Thank you very much! I promise to do the same to fellow bloggers I'm currently connected with. (^_^) Just let me know my dears!

And if you wish to FOLLOW EACH OTHER, please read this post first to know my views about it.

My Thoughts on Follow Each Other Requests


If you're one of those I used to follow but now I'm no longer following you, either your blog was changed to private; no longer existing; or simply because you fall in those categories I mentioned in this article. Sorry but I wish to keep a friendly group and remain true with my blogging principles. Thank you.